|Blogs, Calendars, Photo Albums, Guestbooks, Forums, E-commerce, Classified Ads and many more...|
|TLDs||1 year||3 years*||5 years*|
Our Domain Manager gives you the opportunity to exercise full control
over your domains:
• Full Whois Control
• Full DNS Control
• Create Your Own DNS like:
• A, MX, CNAME Records Control
• Domain Locking & EPP key
• Unlimited Parked Domains
• Domain Registrar Change
• Status Alerts
Recent Service interruption
We would like to shed some information on the service interruptions some of you may h ...
HANDLING DUPLICATE CONTENT IN YOUR WEBSITE
When you are building your own website, sooner or later you run into the question - how to handle duplicate content? What do I mean by that? Imagine that you have a highly visited web page, which receives most of the daily visits. You are planning to re-design the website, and give this web page a new URL and a fresh new look, but don’t want to lose all that traffic from that old page. And you can’t keep both of them online, since they will have most likely the same content text-wise - something, which is often penalized by search engines. How do you proceed from there?
The best practice is to do a 301 redirect. The 301 message on the Internet is handled by the search engine as: moved permanently. Here is how you can make a 301 redirect for your web page:
The code needs to be placed in the Header section of the website, so that the search engine can read it first.
Header( “HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently” );
Header( “Location: http://www.new-url.com” );
RewriteRule ^old\.php$ http://www.domain.com/new.php [R=permanent,L]
The code above will direct all the traffic from the old.php to the new.php page.
With the rel=”canonical” directive:
If you run an online store and want to sell a custom made handbag, which is available in several colors, and decide to dedicate a separate page on your site for each color, then you have about 3 or 4 identical pages. You can use the rel=”canonical” element to direct all traffic to the page with the most popular color.
This will lead a search engine to point all the traffic from the similar pages to the page you have specified. This code needs to be placed in the header section of all the web pages you wish to lead somewhere else.
With the URL Redirection Manager in the Web Hosting Control Panel:
If you don’t like to meddle with code, or with new file creation, or anything like that, you can use the handy URL Redirection Manager available with all our shared web hosting plans, where a simple web interface will allow you to choose which pages to be redirected and what redirection code to be used.
- [09/23/2011] Recent Service interruption
- [08/12/2011] RAM upgrade on supremecenter16.co.uk - 30 minutes downtime
- [07/01/2011] 7 ways to speed up a WordPress blog
- [06/28/2011] SupremeCenter300.com server outage
- [06/22/2011] Network performance boost
- [06/17/2011] Network issue
- [06/16/2011] SiteStudio Migration
- [11/04/2010] Upcoming HDD replacement on supremecenter30.com
- [03/08/2010] Handling duplicate content in your website
- [01/12/2010] .CN TLD registrations temporarily disabled
- [01/06/2010] Online security - prevent your site from being hacked
- [08/25/2009] Control Panel updated - Video tutorials included
- [08/10/2009] Scheduled server maintenance
- [07/16/2009] PHP Settings section gets a major update
- [03/18/2009] Upcoming HDD replacement on supremecenter54.com
- [01/30/2009] Spamhaus blacklist removed
- [01/29/2009] Outgoing email problems - blacklisted at Spamhaus
- [12/23/2008] Holiday Schedule of Our Technical Support Team
- [11/20/2008] Unique Elefante Toolbar Introduced In Customers' Control Panel
- [11/17/2008] URL Redirect Tool Introduced in our Web Hosting Control Panel
- [11/05/2008] SiteStudio Website Design Tool - Now Latest Version Available
- [10/07/2008] Elefante Installer - New Scripts Update
- [10/02/2008] New File Manager Major Update - Version 2.01 Released
- [08/27/2008] Domain Manager Updates
- [06/25/2008] FREE Elefante Script Installation With Each Newly Ordered Web Hosting Plan
- [05/12/2008] New File Manager Now Online!
- [04/24/2008] Maintenance - HardDrive Change
- [04/14/2008] PHP v6 Support Now Available on All Servers!
- [02/28/2008] VAT Registration Official Date Scheduled
- [02/26/2008] Elefante Installer Scripts Updates
- [02/18/2008] Bright New File Manager - Coming Shortly!
- [02/11/2008] Chinese Language Now Available in the Control Panel
- [01/31/2008] Upcoming VAT registration - Detailed Overview
- [01/26/2008] Slightly Changed Pricing Policy of Few TLDs
- [01/24/2008] SupCenter10.co.uk - Successful Pre-Upgrade Stage Passed!
- [01/23/2008] SupCenter55.com - Urgent Data Transfer Maintenance
- [01/23/2008] SupCenter10.co.uk - Pre-Upgrade Maintenance Scheduled
- [01/21/2008] 2007 - A Retrospective Look Back
- [01/17/2008] VAT Registration - Coming Shortly!
- [12/27/2007] An Enhanced List of TLDs Now Available at Sign Up!
- [12/13/2007] Update of Custom DNS Records Section Made
- [12/05/2007] PHP Upgrade to All Servers Scheduled
- [11/29/2007] Round Cube Webmail Software Launched
- [11/26/2007] Substantial Hardware Upgrade of SC301.com to be Performed
- [11/22/2007] PHP Upgrade of SupremeCenter7 and 47 Servers
- [11/21/2007] Upgrade of SC301 to be Re-scheduled
- [11/21/2007] .DE Domains Available for Registration and Management
- [11/20/2007] SupremeCenter7 - Urgent Maintenance Scheduled
- [11/19/2007] SC301.com to Undergo Maintenance
- [11/14/2007] .COM.MX Extension Added to the Domain List
- [11/13/2007] .EU Added to the Domain Extension List
- [11/06/2007] .ME.UK Domains Available Now, .EU and .DE Coming Soon!
- [11/02/2007] UK and CA Domain Names Have Just Been Made Available
- [10/29/2007] SupremeCenter44 - Maintenance Scheduled
- [10/26/2007] SupCenter10.co.uk to undergo maintenance
- [10/19/2007] SupremeCenter Servers 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 to Undergo Maintenances
- [10/18/2007] SupremeCenter41, 44 and 45 Servers Passed Emergency Maintenance
- [10/08/2007] Maintenances of SupremeCenter8 and SupremeCenter27 on October 9th
- [09/25/2007] Server Maintenance on SupremeCenter10 and SupremeCenter11
- [09/20/2007] SupremeCenter6 and SupremeCenter27 - Maintenance Scheduled
- [09/13/2007] Htaccess Code Generator has been Included in the Web Hosting Control Panel
- [09/12/2007] Romanian Language in the Control Panel Now
- [09/04/2007] Setup New Account from Your Control Panel
- [09/03/2007] Elefante Free Scripts Installer 2.0 is Online
- [09/03/2007] SupremeCenter12 and SupremeCenter27 - Maintenance Shifted
- [08/31/2007] SupremeCenter12 and SupremeCenter27 - Maintenance Scheduled
- [08/29/2007] Maintenance of SupremeCenter5 and 27 Completed
- [08/28/2007] Maintenance of SupremeCenter5 and SupremeCenter27
- [08/17/2007] SupremeCenter27 - HDD Replacement Scheduled
- [08/17/2007] Customize 400, 401, 403 and 404 Error Pages
- [08/14/2007] HDD Problem on SupremeCenter9.com
- [08/14/2007] System Update of SupremeCenter21.com
- [08/13/2007] New TLDs For Domain Registration / Transfer
- [08/07/2007] Change Plan Section - New Design
- [08/01/2007] WHOIS / ID Protect Service Available
- [07/02/2007] Servers Migration to a New Rack
- [05/22/2007] 2 new super servers are online - SupremeCenter49 and SupremeCenter50
- [05/10/2007] The new Domain Manager is online!
- [05/04/2007] The new Domain Manager is coming soon! So watch out for some action!
- [05/02/2007] Custom php.ini configuration is available!
- [04/11/2007] New Quad Core server added - SupremeCenter48 is online
- [02/23/2007] Recent Service Problems
- [02/22/2007] New section PHP Settings has been introduced!
- [02/08/2007] False security email scam
- [02/07/2007] Dutch language added to the Control Panel.
- [01/08/2007] New Quad Core server added - SupremeCenter45 is online
- [11/29/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter44 is online
- [11/24/2006] SPF Protection ensures your Internet privacy!
- [11/22/2006] Temporary unavailable services due to upgrade!
- [11/15/2006] New features in Domain Manager
- [10/20/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter43 is online
- [09/19/2006] Allowed CPU usage has been increased!
- [09/15/2006] Web Hosting Control Panel v1.2 has just been released!
- [08/25/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter42 is online
- [08/10/2006] Bulk domain name registrations and transfers
- [08/04/2006] Domain registrations/transfers temporary unavailable!
- [07/20/2006] New features in the hosting Control Panel!
- [06/13/2006] Spam/junk e-mail blocking system improvements UPDATED
- [05/18/2006] Regarding Possible Website\E-mail Connectivity Problems
- [04/20/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter38 is online
- [04/07/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter36 is online
- [03/24/2006] New Webmail installed
- [03/14/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter35 is online
- [02/27/2006] Control Panel v1.0 RC1 has just been launched!
- [02/16/2006] SupremeCenter34 went Live!
- [02/02/2006] SupremeCenter31 and SupremeCenter32 have gone Live
- [01/10/2006] New Server Available
- [12/30/2005] Our newest server is a fact already
- [12/09/2005] Kernel update procedure
- [12/07/2005] New Server Added
- [11/18/2005] Server 20 Customers Moved to New Server
- [11/11/2005] Data Center Scheduled Quarterly Server Maintenance
- [11/01/2005] Scheduled Maintenance on SupremeCenter6.com
- [10/18/2005] Addition of New Server Names and Settings
- [10/13/2005] MySQL and PHP Updates
- [09/30/2005] Scheduled Maintenance
- [09/26/2005] Scheduled Server Maintenance
- [09/16/2005] Service Upgrades Quantity Increased
- [09/14/2005] Another Server Added to Our Network
- [09/12/2005] Maintenance on Server 21 Completed Successfully.
- [09/10/2005] Scheduled Maintenance on Server 21
- [09/10/2005] Maintenance on Server 20 Completed Successfully.
- [09/09/2005] Scheduled Maintenance on Server 20
- [08/11/2005] New Server Introduced
- [08/10/2005] PHP Updated to Version 4.4
- [07/08/2005] Another Server Launched
- [07/07/2005] Linux Library Upgrade
- [06/24/2005] Linux Kernel Upgrade on SupremeCenter21
- [06/03/2005] New Server Added to Our Network
- [05/14/2005] Major software updates
- [05/14/2005] Server Upgrade
- [04/19/2005] New Server Launched
- [04/15/2005] PHP5 test version
- [03/22/2005] Automated Script Installer Available
- [03/11/2005] Free scripts added
- [03/02/2005] SupremeServer20 Maintenance Procedure Completed Successfully
- [03/13/2005] SupremeServer20 Maintenance Rescheduled
- [03/13/2005] SupremeServer20 Maintenance
- [02/17/2005] New server in action
- [01/28/2005] New Improvements Added to Web Hosting Control Panel
- [12/07/2004] Upcoming new server
- [07/20/2004] DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks.
- [08/06/2004] Spam protection and E-Mail filters added
- [05/10/2004] Network maintenance scheduled for 5/11/2004
- [04/19/2004] Anti-virus protection added on all SupremeServer servers
- [04/16/2004] Servers maintance scheduled for 4/18/2004
- [03/31/2004] Hardware upgrade of SupremeServer10 completed.
- [03/23/2004] Access and error logs
- [03/23/2004] Bandwidth stats
- [03/12/2004] Load average table added
- [03/12/2004] New supreme server added
- [01/30/2004] New server added
- [01/22/2004] Email issue status
- [01/13/2004] Access and error logs
- [01/13/2004] Custom MX and A records.
- [01/13/2004] SSL certificate generation
- [01/12/2004] OS Commerce and formmail scripts sending problem