|Blogs, Calendars, Photo Albums, Guestbooks, Forums, E-commerce, Classified Ads and many more...|
|TLDs||1 year||3 years*||5 years*|
Our Domain Manager gives you the opportunity to exercise full control
over your domains:
• Full Whois Control
• Full DNS Control
• Create Your Own DNS like:
• A, MX, CNAME Records Control
• Domain Locking & EPP key
• Unlimited Parked Domains
• Domain Registrar Change
• Status Alerts
Recent Service interruption
We would like to shed some information on the service interruptions some of you may h ...
7 WAYS TO SPEED UP A WORDPRESS BLOG
No one likes to wait for a web page to load - if a site is taking too long to load, the visitor is more likely to close it and move on. This is especially true for blogs, which are meant to be seen and read. Today, we will share with you several tips on how you can speed up a blog running on WordPress.
1. Eliminate unnecessary plugins
Don't use too many plugins - they will noticeably slow down your website. Imagine them as too many apps running at the same time - they will affect the overall performance of the blog. Keep the number of the plugins low - let's say from 5 to 10, but don't go over 20.
2. Optimize your Database
All the information for your blog posts and comments is stored in a database. So, to speed up the loading speed, you can optimize this database. There are two ways to do that - with the WP-Optimize plugin, or manually. The plugin is the easier way, but always remember point 1 of this article. If you want to do things manually, follow these instructions:
1. Inside your web hosting Control Panel, locate and open PHPMyAdmin- you can find it in the Database Manager section.
2. Once logged in the PHPMyAdmin, select your database.
3. Click "Check All" at the bottom of the page.
4. Choose "Optimize table" in the drop-down list next to it.
3. Cache your Database
Another way to speed up the work of your database is to cache it. This way, you will reduce the number of queries made to the database each time a user visits your blog. You can cache your database with the DB Cache Reloaded plugin.
4. Disable Post Revisions
Post Revisions exist since WordPress 2.6 and they are useful when there are several writers working on the same blog, or if you make constant changes to your blog posts. If left enabled, this feature will create multiple entries for a blog post in your database, effectively slowing it down.
5. Use a Cache Plugin
You can also create static versions of the most visited web pages. This way, you will reduce the queries made to the database. And static HTML pages load much faster. There are a lot of cache plugins, but be careful with their configuration - if they are left untended and not properly configured, they tend to use too much CPU power.
6. Optimize your images
Have your images optimized - you can use Photoshop's "Save for Web" function, which will save the image with a good balance between size and quality. Here is a list of other image optimization tools:
- Online Image Optimizer
- Shrink O'Matic
To compress the CSS files, you can use several tools:
- WP CSS plugin
- CSS Optimizer
- CSS Compressor
- [09/23/2011] Recent Service interruption
- [08/12/2011] RAM upgrade on supremecenter16.co.uk - 30 minutes downtime
- [07/01/2011] 7 ways to speed up a WordPress blog
- [06/28/2011] SupremeCenter300.com server outage
- [06/22/2011] Network performance boost
- [06/17/2011] Network issue
- [06/16/2011] SiteStudio Migration
- [11/04/2010] Upcoming HDD replacement on supremecenter30.com
- [03/08/2010] Handling duplicate content in your website
- [01/12/2010] .CN TLD registrations temporarily disabled
- [01/06/2010] Online security - prevent your site from being hacked
- [08/25/2009] Control Panel updated - Video tutorials included
- [08/10/2009] Scheduled server maintenance
- [07/16/2009] PHP Settings section gets a major update
- [03/18/2009] Upcoming HDD replacement on supremecenter54.com
- [01/30/2009] Spamhaus blacklist removed
- [01/29/2009] Outgoing email problems - blacklisted at Spamhaus
- [12/23/2008] Holiday Schedule of Our Technical Support Team
- [11/20/2008] Unique Elefante Toolbar Introduced In Customers' Control Panel
- [11/17/2008] URL Redirect Tool Introduced in our Web Hosting Control Panel
- [11/05/2008] SiteStudio Website Design Tool - Now Latest Version Available
- [10/07/2008] Elefante Installer - New Scripts Update
- [10/02/2008] New File Manager Major Update - Version 2.01 Released
- [08/27/2008] Domain Manager Updates
- [06/25/2008] FREE Elefante Script Installation With Each Newly Ordered Web Hosting Plan
- [05/12/2008] New File Manager Now Online!
- [04/24/2008] Maintenance - HardDrive Change
- [04/14/2008] PHP v6 Support Now Available on All Servers!
- [02/28/2008] VAT Registration Official Date Scheduled
- [02/26/2008] Elefante Installer Scripts Updates
- [02/18/2008] Bright New File Manager - Coming Shortly!
- [02/11/2008] Chinese Language Now Available in the Control Panel
- [01/31/2008] Upcoming VAT registration - Detailed Overview
- [01/26/2008] Slightly Changed Pricing Policy of Few TLDs
- [01/24/2008] SupCenter10.co.uk - Successful Pre-Upgrade Stage Passed!
- [01/23/2008] SupCenter55.com - Urgent Data Transfer Maintenance
- [01/23/2008] SupCenter10.co.uk - Pre-Upgrade Maintenance Scheduled
- [01/21/2008] 2007 - A Retrospective Look Back
- [01/17/2008] VAT Registration - Coming Shortly!
- [12/27/2007] An Enhanced List of TLDs Now Available at Sign Up!
- [12/13/2007] Update of Custom DNS Records Section Made
- [12/05/2007] PHP Upgrade to All Servers Scheduled
- [11/29/2007] Round Cube Webmail Software Launched
- [11/26/2007] Substantial Hardware Upgrade of SC301.com to be Performed
- [11/22/2007] PHP Upgrade of SupremeCenter7 and 47 Servers
- [11/21/2007] Upgrade of SC301 to be Re-scheduled
- [11/21/2007] .DE Domains Available for Registration and Management
- [11/20/2007] SupremeCenter7 - Urgent Maintenance Scheduled
- [11/19/2007] SC301.com to Undergo Maintenance
- [11/14/2007] .COM.MX Extension Added to the Domain List
- [11/13/2007] .EU Added to the Domain Extension List
- [11/06/2007] .ME.UK Domains Available Now, .EU and .DE Coming Soon!
- [11/02/2007] UK and CA Domain Names Have Just Been Made Available
- [10/29/2007] SupremeCenter44 - Maintenance Scheduled
- [10/26/2007] SupCenter10.co.uk to undergo maintenance
- [10/19/2007] SupremeCenter Servers 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 to Undergo Maintenances
- [10/18/2007] SupremeCenter41, 44 and 45 Servers Passed Emergency Maintenance
- [10/08/2007] Maintenances of SupremeCenter8 and SupremeCenter27 on October 9th
- [09/25/2007] Server Maintenance on SupremeCenter10 and SupremeCenter11
- [09/20/2007] SupremeCenter6 and SupremeCenter27 - Maintenance Scheduled
- [09/13/2007] Htaccess Code Generator has been Included in the Web Hosting Control Panel
- [09/12/2007] Romanian Language in the Control Panel Now
- [09/04/2007] Setup New Account from Your Control Panel
- [09/03/2007] Elefante Free Scripts Installer 2.0 is Online
- [09/03/2007] SupremeCenter12 and SupremeCenter27 - Maintenance Shifted
- [08/31/2007] SupremeCenter12 and SupremeCenter27 - Maintenance Scheduled
- [08/29/2007] Maintenance of SupremeCenter5 and 27 Completed
- [08/28/2007] Maintenance of SupremeCenter5 and SupremeCenter27
- [08/17/2007] SupremeCenter27 - HDD Replacement Scheduled
- [08/17/2007] Customize 400, 401, 403 and 404 Error Pages
- [08/14/2007] HDD Problem on SupremeCenter9.com
- [08/14/2007] System Update of SupremeCenter21.com
- [08/13/2007] New TLDs For Domain Registration / Transfer
- [08/07/2007] Change Plan Section - New Design
- [08/01/2007] WHOIS / ID Protect Service Available
- [07/02/2007] Servers Migration to a New Rack
- [05/22/2007] 2 new super servers are online - SupremeCenter49 and SupremeCenter50
- [05/10/2007] The new Domain Manager is online!
- [05/04/2007] The new Domain Manager is coming soon! So watch out for some action!
- [05/02/2007] Custom php.ini configuration is available!
- [04/11/2007] New Quad Core server added - SupremeCenter48 is online
- [02/23/2007] Recent Service Problems
- [02/22/2007] New section PHP Settings has been introduced!
- [02/08/2007] False security email scam
- [02/07/2007] Dutch language added to the Control Panel.
- [01/08/2007] New Quad Core server added - SupremeCenter45 is online
- [11/29/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter44 is online
- [11/24/2006] SPF Protection ensures your Internet privacy!
- [11/22/2006] Temporary unavailable services due to upgrade!
- [11/15/2006] New features in Domain Manager
- [10/20/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter43 is online
- [09/19/2006] Allowed CPU usage has been increased!
- [09/15/2006] Web Hosting Control Panel v1.2 has just been released!
- [08/25/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter42 is online
- [08/10/2006] Bulk domain name registrations and transfers
- [08/04/2006] Domain registrations/transfers temporary unavailable!
- [07/20/2006] New features in the hosting Control Panel!
- [06/13/2006] Spam/junk e-mail blocking system improvements UPDATED
- [05/18/2006] Regarding Possible Website\E-mail Connectivity Problems
- [04/20/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter38 is online
- [04/07/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter36 is online
- [03/24/2006] New Webmail installed
- [03/14/2006] New server added - SupremeCenter35 is online
- [02/27/2006] Control Panel v1.0 RC1 has just been launched!
- [02/16/2006] SupremeCenter34 went Live!
- [02/02/2006] SupremeCenter31 and SupremeCenter32 have gone Live
- [01/10/2006] New Server Available
- [12/30/2005] Our newest server is a fact already
- [12/09/2005] Kernel update procedure
- [12/07/2005] New Server Added
- [11/18/2005] Server 20 Customers Moved to New Server
- [11/11/2005] Data Center Scheduled Quarterly Server Maintenance
- [11/01/2005] Scheduled Maintenance on SupremeCenter6.com
- [10/18/2005] Addition of New Server Names and Settings
- [10/13/2005] MySQL and PHP Updates
- [09/30/2005] Scheduled Maintenance
- [09/26/2005] Scheduled Server Maintenance
- [09/16/2005] Service Upgrades Quantity Increased
- [09/14/2005] Another Server Added to Our Network
- [09/12/2005] Maintenance on Server 21 Completed Successfully.
- [09/10/2005] Scheduled Maintenance on Server 21
- [09/10/2005] Maintenance on Server 20 Completed Successfully.
- [09/09/2005] Scheduled Maintenance on Server 20
- [08/11/2005] New Server Introduced
- [08/10/2005] PHP Updated to Version 4.4
- [07/08/2005] Another Server Launched
- [07/07/2005] Linux Library Upgrade
- [06/24/2005] Linux Kernel Upgrade on SupremeCenter21
- [06/03/2005] New Server Added to Our Network
- [05/14/2005] Major software updates
- [05/14/2005] Server Upgrade
- [04/19/2005] New Server Launched
- [04/15/2005] PHP5 test version
- [03/22/2005] Automated Script Installer Available
- [03/11/2005] Free scripts added
- [03/02/2005] SupremeServer20 Maintenance Procedure Completed Successfully
- [03/13/2005] SupremeServer20 Maintenance Rescheduled
- [03/13/2005] SupremeServer20 Maintenance
- [02/17/2005] New server in action
- [01/28/2005] New Improvements Added to Web Hosting Control Panel
- [12/07/2004] Upcoming new server
- [07/20/2004] DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks.
- [08/06/2004] Spam protection and E-Mail filters added
- [05/10/2004] Network maintenance scheduled for 5/11/2004
- [04/19/2004] Anti-virus protection added on all SupremeServer servers
- [04/16/2004] Servers maintance scheduled for 4/18/2004
- [03/31/2004] Hardware upgrade of SupremeServer10 completed.
- [03/23/2004] Access and error logs
- [03/23/2004] Bandwidth stats
- [03/12/2004] Load average table added
- [03/12/2004] New supreme server added
- [01/30/2004] New server added
- [01/22/2004] Email issue status
- [01/13/2004] Access and error logs
- [01/13/2004] Custom MX and A records.
- [01/13/2004] SSL certificate generation
- [01/12/2004] OS Commerce and formmail scripts sending problem